It’s official! We’re taking our force for Good mission to Outdoor Retailer.
VOLTAGE is seeking a Creative Director to unify and elevate our creative. Candidates must have 7+ years experience as a creative in an agency setting, and be comfortable leading a team of designers, copywriters, and videographers. The Creative Director is a key executive role within VOLTAGE and serves as a brand ambassador and advocate for VOLTAGE with both new and existing clients. The CD is responsible for interacting with clients to determine creative requirements, articulating a singular creative concept that ties design, copy, and video together, overseeing the execution of the work, and defending the work to clients.
Why work at VOLTAGE? First, we believe in doing good, and so do our clients. Through our Force 4 Good program, 4% of our profits go to charitable causes, and we hold regular company events designed to give back to the community. Second, you’ll be working with forward-thinking brands like Reebok, adidas, and Chipotle. Finally, we truly believe in a healthy work/life balance. We have a positive, collaborative work environment in beautiful downtown Louisville, offer free breakfast on Mondays, summer BBQs, tons of snacks, and knock off by 5pm most days.
What You’re Passionate About
- Leadership. You care more about your team than your ego. You inspire others to do great work, and excel at building high performing teams.
- Creative Excellence. You secretly want to produce a Super Bowl ad that simultaneously makes people want to cry, celebrate their heritage, and pledge to make the world a better place. Because creative isn’t just what you attach to a media spend. It’s a work of art.
- Identifying Opportunities. You dream about the next big thing, and have the skills and mind-set to make it happen.
- Defending Work Clients respect you because you speak your mind convincingly. You articulate concepts and work clearly, and you’re not afraid to press a point.
- Delivering results. You’re thrilled by the challenge of producing world-class creative on time and on budget. And you take a servant-leadership approach with your colleagues, doing whatever it takes to get to the finish line.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Take responsibility for the entirety of creative output at VOLTAGE
- Manage, inspire and mentor a team of talented creatives.
- Meet with clients at key stages of a project
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of our product and services
- Concept, create, sell, and defend work
- 7+ years experience as a creative in an agency setting
- 3+ years experience leading teams or significant projects
- Exceptionally strong portfolio showcasing successful work for major brands
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Deep understanding of creative marketing strategy, trends, planning, and execution
- You have a rolodex of contacts who would be interested in working with VOLTAGE
- You have a dog who wants to be friends with our dogs!