Voltage is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Digital Project Manager to shepherd client projects to success. The metric for success is simple: thrill clients. If you know that’s harder than it sounds but relish the challenge anyway, read on. Candidates must have 2+ years experience at a digital agency, knowledge of agile and waterfall processes, background knowledge of the digital landscape, a proactive and positive engagement style, and a proven ability to get things done. Day-to-day, this role is responsible for the planning, execution, control, and closing of multiple account workstreams, including full website refreshes, marketing campaigns of various kinds, and general brand and production work.
Why Voltage? First, we believe in doing good, and so do our clients. Through our Fource for Good program, 4% of our profits go to charitable causes, and we hold regular company events designed to give back to the community. Second, you’ll be working with exciting, forward-thinking brands like Reebok, adidas, and Chipotle. Third, we invest in our employees. Expect to work with your manager to create a professional development program designed to advance your career, draw a competitive salary, and receive a discretionary budget to invest in your growth. Finally, we believe in a healthy work/life balance. We have a positive, collaborative work environment in beautiful downtown Louisville, offer free breakfast on Mondays, summer BBQs, tons of snacks, and knock off by 5pm most days.
What You’re Passionate About
- Organizing chaos. You love tackling a thicket of uncertainty, murky expectations, and process roadblocks to emerge with clarity, consensus, and results. You’re organized, always thinking about better workflows, and can run a meeting.
- Delivering results. You’re excited by the challenge of thrilling clients while making money. You take a servant-leadership approach with your colleagues, doing whatever it takes to get to the finish line.
- Operational excellence. Using our workflow and communication tools, you take ownership of and execute scheduling, resourcing, and production.
- Communication. You excel at written and verbal communication because you express ideas clearly, and you’re not afraid to have difficult conversations. You’re positive, professional, and occasionally even funny!
- Learning. You’ll never stop learning about the digital space and have a coachable attitude.
- Balance. Chaos with coffee. Pressure with puppers. Grit with gifs. We work hard, but also have full lives outside the office—you should too!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Driving high-visibility projects to success, including: large-scale websites; e-commerce, mobile applications; video production; and digital advertising campaigns.
- Managing your projects’ fundamentals: time, cost, and scope.
- Nurturing client relationships: developing rapport, setting realistic expectations, and helping clients see the value of our work.
- Coordinating a multidisciplinary team including designers, developers, copywriters, and administrative personnel to see a project through from start to finish, on time and on budget.
- 2+ years of experience managing digital/interactive projects in an agency setting
- Knowledge of agency agile and waterfall processes
- Understanding of the digital landscape, including current and emerging trends and channels
- Portfolio of successful digital project launches involving multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where the demands and directions of the work are constantly changing
- Experience with web development technologies and methodologies including front-end development, mobile, content management systems, social media, and cross-browser QA.
- Working knowledge of Basecamp, Harvest, Forecast, and/or Trello
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Digital Media Management, Management Information Systems, or similar.
- Deep knowledge of agile processes
- Certifications like the PMP or CSM, CSPO, etc.
- Experience leading seminars or talks on project management topics