Understanding the business needs, audience, and goals of our partners is paramount to delivering a logo that will live on – and stay relevant – for years to come.
Do you believe in being a Force For Good? Do you thrive in an ego-free, family-friendly (and dog-friendly) work environment? Do you want to work alongside experts who happen to care deeply about their work and their clients?
At VOLTAGE we believe that “work” is a medium for being a Force For Good for our clients, our team members and our community. We participate in company service events, maintain work-life balance, and donate 4% of our profits to charitable causes.
We are creators. We take ownership in our work. We take ideas from start to finish. We know how to get projects done while maintaining the highest standard of quality. We coach our clients to protect their best interests.
VOLTAGE is an award-winning digital agency focused on Ecommerce and custom development solutions. Results-driven strategy, best-in-class creativity and rock-solid digital delivery make VOLTAGE the perfect expert practitioner for clients such as adidas, Reebok and Chipotle.
Our tight-knit development team is always on the cutting edge of web technologies, tools and processes. Our primary frameworks and platforms are currently Laravel, Shopify, WordPress/WooCommerce, and CraftCMS. On the front-end we tend to use Vue.js, AngularJS, jQuery (sparingly) and lots of pixel-perfect CSS.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Ecommerce Developer who supports our Force For Good mission and demonstrates positive leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on Ecommerce theme development
- Ecommerce integrations and maintenance
- Ecommerce strategy
- Projects 2-4 months in duration
- Collaborate with a small, fast-paced team of designers, developers, and project managers
What you bring to VOLTAGE:
- 7+ years experience of professional web development
- Extensive experience with Ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce or BigCommerce
- Experience with direct-to-consumer brands
- Knowledge of various Shopify apps and relevant services
- A high level of proficiency in creating interactive Web experiences
- Passion for implementing beautiful designs across a multitude of devices using Responsive techniques
- Experience with modern-day development tools including CSS preprocessors, task automation (gulp/grunt), webpack, etc
- Knowledge of server-side technologies such as PHP
- Firm grasp of development best practices and design patterns with a focus on performance and scalability
- Advanced git knowledge (branches, submodules, rebasing)
- The desire to work on a diverse range of challenging projects
- A strong attention to detail
- A devotion to delivering the best possible user experience
- Bonus: Prior agency or in-house experience with front-end development
You know you’re right for VOLTAGE if:
- You’re always learning and learn quickly
- You’re efficient with your time and tend to get things done faster than your peers
- You take ownership of your projects and don’t need or want micromanagement
- While you are not a designer, you love good design. Your work looks like you love good design
- Your deliverables are pixel-perfect and of the highest quality
Benefits: Health care, 401k program, paid time off. Salary: $85k-$100k